Tuesday 6 September 2016

Byzantine Empire, day 25, Skopje in Macedonia/FYROM

Yesterday I planned what to do next and I visited the city of Tessaloniki. There is a lot to see and the city is full of archeological sites.
Today I went to the Honda dealer and he told me that the spare part hasn't arrived and he had no idea when it could have arrived. I was really pissed of since Friday he told me that Monday the part would have been there. So I asked him again where I could find broken Africa Twins or a used one because it is really an emergency and after being really rude he gave me the adress of another Honda dealer five kilometers away. The lovely things is that this dealer had the part on stock. Actually two of them. I can't believe that he didn't tell me immediately to check there, I told him that it was an "emergency" and he didn't redirect me, for 40 fucking euros. By the lucky dealer they started asking me question about my trip and I spent there almost a hour there.
I took the road to Macedonia, the weather wasn't good and it was almost raining most of the time. I entered FYROM without any problem and I was really surprised because the road I took were very nice and in fact I had read about completely destroyed roads and missing manholes. 

Border between Greece and FYROM/Macedonia near Стар Дојран.

Macedonia. Call it FYROM in Greece, or Greeks are gonna hate you!

Then near Sopi it started to rain hard, so I decided to not visit the ancient city and to take the motorway to Skopje. Easy day, I hope it will stop raining so that l can visit the city. Macedonia seems very cheap, the petrol is around 1 € per litre, it is so sad that I can turn most of the country with just one tank!`

Скопје, the old city near the Old Bazaar.

No comments:

Post a Comment