Wednesday 31 August 2016

Where Empires Rose, day 19, around 9050 km, Pamukkale in Turkey

Vaftizci Yahya Kilisesi.

During the night I made up my mind and I decided to go to Pamukkale. During the breakfast, the hotel owner passed by and we started talking. At the end we talked for more than a hour about everything, a very kind, smart and openminded person . He showed me a longer but nicer way to Pamukkale, this way was passing near Eğirdir lake, where my offroad track were also going nearby. So I left Göreme around 0930 direction Konya. There are 3 words for explaining the road to Konya: Bloody fucking boring. A straight road in the mittle of a flatland. At least the weather was nice and not to hot, with temperatures around 26 degrees celsius. The police stopped me and the 3 cars in front of me just before entering Konya . The officer came and asked me the documents in Turkish, when I realized I could not speak Turkish, he easily said: "Documents!" . I gave him the driving license and the document of the motorbike and at the same time an officer with higher grade came and started screwing up with him. The only word I understood was Isviçre (Switzerland) and I think the point was: "Why the fuck did you stop him?"
After 30 seconds of arguing, I had for sure a worried face because I was a little bit worried that I might have done something wrong but the higher grade officier said to me: "No problem, goodbye!".
I told him that we have also control in Switzerland, so no worries and I left.


The funny thing is that they were looking for guns...controls in Switzerland are looking for Parma-Ham, Alcohol, condition of tyres, lines, blinkers, etc...I think the Turkish policemen wouldn't belive me if I say them this difference. Every country has is own problems.

The road after Konya was in a park full of pines and nearby the Beyşehir lake. Then on the Eğirdir lake (awesome road and place, similar to some lakes in Ticino, but more natural) and after it the road was Alto Adige style: going through apple trees in a valley.

 D330 & Eğirdir Gölü.

 D330 & Eğirdir Gölü

Pamukkale was visible from far away, a lot before reaching Denizli. I took a walk up there and on the Hierapolis (ticket 35 TL, reduction just for turkish students...). Impressive and very relaxing: water was flowing down the path. I thought that the museum and the therms were included but it was 5 TL and 32 TL more respectively. Moreover I discovered that the old pools are not always filled with water, so they were empty. No worries, when I went down I took a bath on the artificial pools. Another must see place.

Hierapolis.

Pamukkale

No comments:

Post a Comment