Friday 2 September 2016

Byzantine Empire, day 21, around 10200 km, Thessaloniki in Greece

I left Pamukkale by following my own road to Çannakkale, all road signs were telling me to turn left but I went straight forward, exactly what a rugby prop must to do.
Most of the road was one lane, and it was clearly visible that I was near the sea: the smell of salt was in the air mixing with the smell of larches, that was lovely. An awesome road. Then in Çannakkale I had to find an atm because the ticket seller for the ferry was just accepting cash and I had already run out of Lira. The short trip on the Bosphorus was nice, some big ships pass from this channel. 

Çanakkale - Ecebat ferry.
Çanakkale geçilmez! | Çanakkale is impassable!


The Gallipoli peninsula was a nice ride but with some traffic. After few kilometers I was alrwady at the border with Greece and the customs have been very funny, I had to pass a number plate check, a passport check, and a number plate & documents check in order to exit Turkey. For entering Greece they have just checked my passport and I was in. Totally no sense. Then I took normal roads till Sapes, were I entered the motorway because I got almost lost (yes, with a GPS) and it was getting dark. I spent the night in Kavala. This morning I went to the honda dealer in Thessaloniki and sadly he told me he had not the spare parts and it should arrive Tuesday. It is funny that he has such spare parts in stock and anyway no problems, I thought I would have to wait till next Friday. So now I'm in Thessaloniki for 4 day and the TCS ETI will pay the hotel. Luckily a friend of mine is in Kriopigi, so we will meet and explore the area. I have already changed the oil, here the policy is that for an oil change the customer has just to pay the oil and the filter. Nice, thanks Greece!

Back to the west food culture!

Θεσσαλονίκη, they have just founded some ruins during some excavations in the middle fo the city.


No comments:

Post a Comment