Monday 15 August 2016

Marathon, day 3, 771 km, Haskovo in Bulgaria

Today was a marathon day plus a special stage. I left Vidin around 0730 local time following the road to Sofia, which was extremely nice...at the beginning. The road alternates nice and bad as black and white alternate on a Zebra. For bad I mean constant vibrations and holes with the size of a fat American child and a a depth around half of a Mandingo's boner. The best part was a missing manhole. When I reached Sofia I decided to try the special stage, so I've ridden on the motorway to Pazardzik and south to Devin. Near Devin there was the reservoir Vacha, which has floating structures/home.


Reservoir Vacha, amazing and stunning place.
It was lovely because the road to Devin was very bad and the road to Kozhari was perfect (not new!). The Yagodinska cave was full of people, waiting in line for entering it.
Then the special stage began: a very nice unpaved road, after 15 km the road was not a road anymore and it was a very steep muletrack. At some point I've reached the top of something, the muletrack was continuing on the right, going up. The gps was saying to go straight forward and down, following an invisible road. I trusted it, and it was right. I've reached Trigrad and the Devil's Throat cave, where I turned right, direction Smoljan. A very nice (Not for cars) unpaved road in a canyon. It was an amazing ride.





Before reaching Smoljan, I've passed by a mountain region full of abandoned hotels, unfinished hotels and some that maybe were open. Very sad, but beautiful places anyway. Second night in Bulgaria, the people are friendly but it seems like they don't like talking in English... Or maybe they don't like taking to me...but this is impossible since I'm a funny comedian.
Tomorrow bike service and Turkish customs, let's hope it will not be a pain in the ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment