Friday 26 August 2016

Meeting the Kartvelebi, day 14, Tbilisi in Georgia

I went to the city and tried to find help by the spare parts shop, but they were not able to help me till Monday, so I will figure it out by myself.

So, I'm an engineer, so I started gathering informations about my problem and how to solve it: I've found a very nice paper about the duct tape/wd40 flowchart.

Engineering at its finest!

Since the chain slider should not moved, I decided to use the duct tape. Engineering at its finest.
On the way back from the store, the GPS died (The Garmin GPSMAP 64s is worthless, buy an used 60csx and you will be fine forever). The speedometer died aswell (The plastic gear broke) and a fastex of the upper luggage broke aswell.

 What a black Friday.


But I think it is normal, here in Georgia the bike has met the Real Freedom for the first time in its life and I'm not talking about the Freedom Square in Tbilisi, but I'm talking about riding where there are no roads, feeling the nature on its fairings, feeling the earth under its tyres. And as there is no way you will be able to keep in captivity a beast after it tasted the Real Freedom, because it will try to break the chains of its captivity, the Africa Twin is trying right now to break the chains that keep it in captivity and the chains for it are all the useless things that are not required for riding, such as the gps, the fastex and the speedometer. The ride must go on and the beast must feel free.

No comments:

Post a Comment